Sunday, October 13, 2013

Gravy

There are times when I post things in such a short time limit that I forget things that needed to be added to recipes or things that I would have liked to say. The post just previous is such an example. I had forgotten to include how I make the gravy. I really can't believe I'd forget something that's vital to a roast dinner.
As always, I blame my forgetfulness on being a writer. My mind is always preoccupied with characters.

So, take a look below at the slow cooker roast recipe. Once the dinner is fully cooked and falling apart with tenderness then remove the roast onto a platter and spoon out onions and carrots into a bowl. What you have left is all the succulent juices that will soon be the gravy.
There are two ways of making gravy; first is with flour. Mix two round tablespoons of flour with a cup of warm water until nicely blended (You can strain the mixture if you see any chunks).
Second is the most common way I make gravy. In one cup of cool water I add around 3 to 4 tablespoons of corn starch and stir until blended.
While you mix either the flour mixture or the cornstarch mixture, you should have your roast juice simmering in a large sauce pan over medium high heat. When the juice is bubbling, pour the mixture (Corn or flour) into pan with juices and stir. If you've poured all the mixture in and it is still not to desired thickness, mix a little more and add until satisfied.

I hope you will all forgive my forgetfulness, but I do have to warn you, it will happen again.


Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover