Sunday, November 10, 2013

Buttermilk Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup

This delightful recipe is from my Mom. She taught me when I was young to make homemade pancakes that fall apart when you take your first bite. This might be a staple recipe in your home already, but I can't know for sure so I'm sharing. :)

Buttermilk Syrup
 1 ½ cup sugar
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup butter
2 tablespoons corn syrup
Bring to boil over medium high heat then take off heat and add in
2 tsp vanilla
Serve over pancakes

Buttermilk Pancakes
2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
Mix together in bowl
1 rounded cup of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
Dash of salt
Mix dry ingredients together then add in with buttermilk.  ONLY STIR FOR 10 SECONDS.  DO NOT OVER STIR.  IT SHOULD BE LUMPY.  Then cook pancakes on pancake grill.
Pancake batter will bubble a bit and that's a good sign of great pancakes.

Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover