Friday, September 20, 2013

Easy Garlic Cream Sauce Recipe

This little dandy of a recipe has seen many meals with my family. I came across a recipe like this years back and quickly adapted it to my own liking. It's a simple way of getting a cream sauce for your pasta without using a cube of butter or heavy cream for an alfredo sauce. It might not be the healthiest thing out there, but it's healthier than most.

Easy Garlic Cream Sauce
1 can 2% evaporated milk
1 Tblsp flour
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
Olive oil (extra virgin is always best)
2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 to 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

First, pour milk into a cup meant for mixing drinks (like a GNC cup).
Then add flour and Italian seasoning.
Shake well.
Add oil to pan at medium heat. Add garlic and cook for only 20 to 30 seconds (Don't burn!).
Quickly pour in milk mixture and stir.
When milk is starting to bubble, add cheese. You can add as much as you'd like. The more the merrier in my opinion. If sauce thickens up too much, add a little milk to thin. It's done after cheese has melted and is at desired thickness.
Serve over pasta (I used whole grain pasta).
Add a little cheese to the top and enjoy!
You can also substitute the Italian Seasoning with fresh basil or parsley. This is one meal I can only eat once in a blue moon because of the aged cheese. As long as I don't OD on the stuff, I'll be alright ;)
Let me know what you think!
Enjoy!




Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover