Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Look Up Child

Most often I listen to music as I paint. Sometimes I listen to podcasts and sometimes I like silence so I might ponder. Painting gives me time to connect to heaven and keep my anxiety in check. I often wonder as I paint certain paintings if someone would purchase the painting and the reasons why. What draws them to the painting and what does it mean to them?
This painting began when I listened to the song, Look Up Child by Lauren Daigle. If you haven't heard the song, look her up! Over the last couple years her songs and her voice have become my go to music when I'm needing my thoughts to stay on heavenly things. As I listened to this song the image of a child throwing back their arms, reaching to God, and opening their hearts for truths to be taught. The light (which is colorful) is pouring down upon the child with great abundance. That is how I want to be. I want to be like a child; meek, teachable, believing, and open to truths of all kinds. That is how we are asked to be.

24x30 Look Up Child     $375

As always, thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a great day filled with light!

Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover