Friday, September 5, 2014

Sugar Free Peach Cobbler

Wouldn't you like to sink your teeth into a plate of this? I know I would. My mouth is watering just looking at it. Would you believe me if I told you this didn't have any sugar in it?
Well, believe it. It was made with honey. It's heavenly. Try it for yourself and see.

No Sugar Peach Cobbler
Peach mixture:
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tablespoon of corn starch
1/4 tsp cinnamon
5 cups of sliced peaches
1 tsp lemon juice
Topping:
1 cup flour
3 Tablespoons raw honey
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 to 4 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup milk
Mix your peach mixture together and pour into a baking dish (9x13). Mix topping ingredients together until well blended and a bit sticky. Spoon clumps of it over the peaches. It won't spread over the entire peach mixture and you don't need it to. It will puff up and the peaches will boil around the puffs of dough to caramelize and look tasty. Bake at 400 for 20 to 30 min. (My oven cooks hotter than most, so you may want to check it after awhile).
I've found that cooking this with honey creates the topping to be crispier. It's divine and I know you'll love it.
Enjoy!

Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover