Monday, February 17, 2014

Lemon Coconut Macaroons

A friend shared a delectable treat with me not long ago and I begged her to share the recipe with me. My husband tried these cookies and stated that they are on his top five favorite cookie list. He's been begging me to make them. The best part of all of this is they are sugar free yet full of flavor.
 The recipe can be found by clicking here at Mommypotamus
 These cookies have few ingredients and are gluten free and sugar free.
When I made them I did not have the same lemon flavoring she used, so I added some of the not so flavorful lemon extract I had, plus the juice of half a lime and lime zest. Because I added more liquid than what the recipe called for I had to add a bit more shredded coconut and almond flour.
I also had to bake it for fifteen minutes longer than the time allotted and that could be because of altitude difference.
In my opinion, they are best eaten cold. :)


Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover