Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Healthy Fruit Smoothies

Here is my post that I've dedicated to a few of my favorite fruit smoothies. These recipes are healthy because they don't have added sugar, other than the natural sugars you find in fruits. It's all good for you. :)
The first is my version of a mango lassi. Most recipes I found had sugar, but not mine.

Mango Lassi
2 ripe mangoes, peeled and cut off seed
2 to 3 Tablespoons of honey
1 cup of plain yogurt
Ice-optional

Mix ingredients in smoothie blender until smooth. If you'd like, you can add ice. When I don't add ice is thicker, smoother and you can let it sit in the fridge without the water and juice separating. If you don't add ice it won't be as cold, but putting it in the fridge for thirty minutes will make it cold enough.


Tropical Mango
1/2 cup chopped pinapple
1/2 banana
1 mango, peeled and cut off seed
2 slices of lime with peel
1 Tablespoon honey
1/2 cup plain yogurt
Ice

Mix ingredient with a handful of ice until smooth. You may add more yogurt, banana or any ingredient you wish. It's up to you.

Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover