Thursday, October 16, 2014

No Sugar Buttermilk Pancakes

In an earlier post--like way earlier--I shared a recipe for my Buttermilk pancakes with Buttermilk syrup. If you've made them you'll know how delicious they are, but since changing to a no sugar lifestyle I haven't had the pleasure of eating them. Occasionally I will make them for my family and  I'll end up eat my usual eggs for breakfast.
Then I got a brilliant idea the last time I made them.
"I'm going to make them with honey instead of sugar!" I said with a snicker and rubbing my hands together.
Guess what! They turned out wonderfully perfect!
Here's the recipe...

No Sugar Buttermilk Pancakes
2 cups buttermilk
1 egg
1 Tablespoon honey
Mix the three ingredients together in bowl then *add:
1 rounded cup of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
Dash of salt
*Mix dry ingredients together then add in with buttermilk.  ONLY STIR FOR 10 SECONDS.  DO NOT OVER STIR.  IT SHOULD BE SLIGHTLY LUMPY.  Then cook pancakes on pancake grill.
Pancake batter will bubble a bit and that's a good sign of great pancakes.
Yes these are fantastic, but I'm not so sure about the syrup yet. I made the syrup without sugar and added honey in its place. I liked it, but my husband and sister-in-law didn't. One of my kids liked it, but the other two didn't. So, I think it's a hit and miss. I'll give it to you and see what you think. I'd love to hear from you, so comment below.

Buttermilk Syrup Without Sugar
1 cup of honey
¾ cup buttermilk
½ cup butter
Bring to boil over medium high heat then take off heat and add in
2 tsp vanilla
Serve over pancakes
Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover