Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Native American Dancer

Tah dah! It's done!
Last year I attended the Fort Bridger Mountain Man Rendezvous and had a fabulous time taking pictures and enjoying the festivities. For fifteen years I would mention and or beg to attend this rendezvous and my husband would always answer, "Why would I want to go camp with a bunch of people wearing loincloths."

Well, there are men with loincloths, but it's a whole lot more than people dressing up.
This awesome colored pencil drawing is one of the Native American dancers that entertains and give us a gift of their ancestors. It's one of my favorite pictures I took and I knew I needed to draw him. So I did. :)
All summer long I've been preparing to return to the rendezvous by sewing my family an entire wardrobe and drawing work that I hope to sell. When all is done I'll post more pictures.


Pin It

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover